Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Sunday, October 24, 2010

We Survived!


Matt and I did another bike ride! I did another 30 miles and Matt did 100 miles. I'll talk about my bike ride first and then Matt's. We went with a couple named Brett and Stephanie who was with us the last bike race. Stephanie and I rode the 30 miles together. We heard that the first of the race had a lot of hills and the second half was flat. Well this statement was true. I was going along riding my bike and conquering the hills that were coming my way until I rounded a corner and saw this hill that was straight up. I thought to myself, "Wow that is a big hill". So I started going up it and I didn't make it very far when I decided it was probably best to walk up this hill. So that is what I did. I know I'm no professional at riding the bike but a lot of people had to get off their bikes to walk up this hill so I didn't feel to bad for doing so. So after I walked up the hill I got on my bike and there were still some more hills that I had to ride up. So I set a slow pace and was able to make it up the hills. Another thing with the bike ride is that the road wasn't the greatest. A lot of it was loose gravel so it made for some good vibration. My bum got tired quick. Another factor of the race was that we had a lot of wind. For the most part we were covered by trees but the last 8 miles of the race was an open road so Stephanie and I had to fight the wind. We took two breaks one was a designated rest stop and the other was mine and Steph's decision. We just pulled off the side of the road and sat down for a bit. This bike race was a lot harder than my first 30 miles but I still had a lot of fun! After Steph and I got done we decided to go get a pedicure while our husbands were still riding their bikes. It was awesome sitting in those massage chairs while our feet were getting pampered.


Ok on to Matt's ride. Well he had the same conditions as we did but for a lot longer time. He told me by mile 50 he started cramping up real bad. When they hit mile 70 they both were hurting real bad. So Matt told Brett if they didn't slow down there pace then they wouldn't finish at all. So they slowed down and was able to finish their ride. Stephanie and I was right there to great them when they crossed the finish line. They were both really tired and very very sore. They wished they would have trained a little bit better but they still had a fun time.

Here is Matt and Brett after the race. I'm surprised he was able to lift his bike over his head.

2 comments:

Marc&Josie said...

Go Steph & Matt! Woot Woot!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Steph, I miss you, it is so fun looking at your blog and seeing what you and Matt are up to. Can't wait to see you in Dec.