Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Lotoja 2013

 
Lotoja 2013 was held in September and my Mom and I were our husbands support crew.  This is Matt's second year doing Lotoja.  I felt he handled this big task of a 206 mile bike race in one day a lot better than last year.  He did feel like he could of done better but I think he did great! 

 
This year I was pregnant which made it interesting with me being in a car all day and having to go to the bathroom.  My Mom and I made it work though and I had plenty of snacks to hold me over.

 
Nebo cycling crew Dad, Richard, and Matt

 
Matt about to cross the finish line!!

Matt after the race.  I didn't think he was going to get up.  People were passing him asking if he needed help.
 

Lotoja finished for the year 2013

For those that don't know my Dad was in a motorcycle accident at the end of June.  He hurt his knee and couldn't put weight on it for six weeks.  After being off of his bike for that long we didn't think he was going to be able to ride in Lotoja.  Well he surprised us all!  He didn't just ride in it he finished right before they stop timing the race.  Both Matt and my Dad did so good and I am so proud of them both!

No comments: