Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good News!

So today Matt had a clinical lottery at his school. Which means that he got to find out where he was going for the summer for his clinical site. They invited spouses to come to this lottery so I was able to go. What happened at the lottery is that each student had to draw a number. There are 60 students that participated in the lottery so the numbers went from 1-60. What you wanted when you drew your number was a low number so you are able to get the clinical site that you want. Some sites are out of state and there are only a handful in St. Louis. So Matt and I were hoping for a low number so he didn't have to leave St. Louis for the summer. If that was the case I would of stayed here with my job and he would of gone by himself. Matt drew number 17! He had his top 8 ready to go hoping that he would at least get one of them. Well when number 2 went to put there clinical site she picked Matt's #1 on his list. We were bummed out but still hopeful. Number after number went by and it was finally Matt's turn and he was able to pick his number 2 on his list! The clinical site is located only minutes away from our home! Yay he doesn't have to go away for the summer! Well we still have to see for the next 3 clinical sites where he goes, so there still is a chance that he might be out of state. For now though he is here to stay.

5 comments:

Candi said...

oh wow that was lucky. I'm so glad he got to stay near home. Its hard to let your hubby leave for a while.

Piepers said...

That is so exciting. Good you for guys!

Julie M. said...

Hooray! I was thinking it wasn't until tomorrow? I'm glad you're going to keep him close! :)

Mace.Brooke.Kenidee said...

That is great, I'm way excited for you guys. So I'm way excited for this weekend to see you! Kenidee is super excited to!

The Rollo Crew said...

What great news! You guys are definitely lucky...now if only you could win Shad & I some big bucks with that luck of yours!!! I can't wait to see you guys on Friday...only two more days to go!
XOXO Melanie