
Matt and I had a great opportunity to go to Nauvoo for two days. Matt had two days off of school so we just up and decided to go. Nauvoo is a very beautiful place. I loved seeing all the old buildings and walking through them. When we first got to Nauvoo we went to the temple. That temple is amazing! Feeling the spirit there and knowing what the saints went through was quite an experience for Matt and I. After we went through the temple we sent up our tent and went for a walk around the town.

We went on the trail of hope and ended up at the memorial of the name of the saints. Matt and I both had ancestors that were on the plaque. It was really cool to see their names. That night we went to the cultural hall. It was the older missionary couples putting on a show about Nauvoo. It was really fun to watch them act out their parts. The next morning was raining quite a bit but it didn't damper my and Matt's spirit.

We ended up going on a carriage ride and then walked through all the homes. We had a lot of fun learning more about the homes and how they built things back in the day. We left Nauvoo and went to Carthage Jail. Being at Carthage was sad but also crazy knowing that Joseph Smith was there. Joseph Smith sacrificed everything for the gospel and went through so many hardships. I am very grateful for Joseph Smith and what he did for the gospel.

After Carthage we were on our way home. I loved being able to go on our little vacation and sharing my first time experience to Nauvoo with Matt.
5 comments:
Hey Steph. sorry I don't write often. But I do what I can. Your family pictures are so cute!!! You look so happy! I hope all is well with you. Did you find a job?? Hope to write you again soon!!
Hey Steph,
Navuoo is amazing isn't it. My family went about three years ago. Unfortunately I was the only one not married at the time and didn't get to go do a session in the temple, only baptisms. I was pretty bummed. Glad you got to see the sights! I added you to my blog, hope its okay!
i love navuoo!! i got to go through the temple with my mom a year ago. it is one of my favorites. you guys seem to do alot of fun things, makes me jealous!! love your blog
Yay! i'm so glad you wrote to us! I didnt' even know you and Matt had a blog. I know I don't know you that well yet but Matt has a very special place in our family's hearts. We are so happy he found you and you guys are doing so well.
That is so great that you went to Nauvoo. Its been many years since i've been there and it was really nice to be able to see the temple finished. Sounds like you had a great time.
Okay, so here I am! I'll have to look more later...
Post a Comment