Life Is Good

Life Is Good

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Very Much Needed Update

A lot has happened in the past three to four weeks in Matt and my life. Let me fill you in on our trip to Utah which was much needed and a lot of fun might I add. Let me warn you now this is going to be a long post. I guess I'll start from the first. When we got to Utah I got together with my good ol friend Bradie for a hair cut. I told her she could do whatever she wanted with my hair but I wanted quite a bit off. I was sick of my hair getting all knotted up in the back. So she ended up cutting about 9 inches off.

Before

After

The next event that happend was the annual Baugh Christmas Party at the Institute. We have a really good lunch and enjoy games, a talent show, and chatting with our family. We had over 90 people there this year.
I have to explain this picture of my sister. Well basically she lost a bet with her boyfriend. So he made her wear a Utah shirt to our Christmas party because he is such a Utah fan and she isn't. So she decided to also wear her BYU hat with the shirt so she wouldn't get murdered by our whole family. Including extended. My nephew Kyson is the cutest!!! He really likes pop and he's parents don't approve of him drinking it which is good parenting. Well Olin and my dad thinks it's funny to give him drinks of pop. I think this picture of him is so cute because you can barely see his eyes over the can.



Here are the guys chilling at our party.

I had a cousin that came home from his mission so on Sunday we drove up to Salt Lake City to hear him speak. It was really good to see him again. Matt and I stayed up north after church to go see Natalie and Olin's house. There house is very cute and we enjoyed being there. We ended up playing some games and watching a movie. The next day was our day to go see the Christmas Carol. Our Grandma Whipple takes the family every year to go see a play and it is usually the Christmas Carol which we all love going to see every year. Our next family function was on Christmas Eve. Every year we go with the Whipple's side to chuck-a-rama and then go to my Grandma's house to open presents from her.


Here are some pictures at my Grandma's house when we were opening our presents.
Christmas Eve we were at my parents house and we have a little talent show with just our family and then we hurry off to bed so we can wake up early for Santa Clause. Olin was the funniest though. He was awake at 4:00 trying to wake other people up becausse he was so excited for Christmas. We woke up at 6:00 instead. We had a very good Christmas and my two favorite things were my homeade rug that I got from my mom and grandma and my black coat I got from my husband.


This is the view we get of our presents before we go running down the stairs

Here is the rug I Mom and Grandma made

Here is Matt trying to hold up his gifts from Santa Clause

Evan got a gun for Christmas and so here is him, Olin, and my Dad checking it out.

It was Grandma Whipple's year to be with us for Christmas and we loved her being there with us!
Well this is the first half of our vacation to Utah. The second half when I was in Delta is to come. I was going to do it all together but this is getting to long and it is getting late here so I will post the second half of our vaction probably tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute hair! I love it!

Candi said...

first, wow I really love your hair! Second what a cute Christmas. I love the rug you got. They should sell those. I'd buy one. :o) I'm so glad you guys had such a great Christmas. Thanks for adding us to your blog. Its nice to see how happy you guys are. We have to get together someday.

The Rollo Crew said...

Thanks for the update Steph! It was fun to see all of those pictures...I can't wait to see the fun in Delta. P.S. I love your rug!!!

XOXO Melanie

Bridget and Derrik said...

Steph Cute Hair!!! Its always fun to have a change I think. Even though I was super sad about a week after I chopped mine... But I've learned to like it:) im glad you guys had a good christmas. Hopefully one of these days we can have a wingers reunion:) Wouldn't that be SO Fun, I seriously miss Everyone!!!

Phil and Kelly said...

I'm glad you had a fun vaction. thanks for sharing some time with us. We really enjoyed "curses" game.

Chad and Mandi said...

I just found your blog, and it is so fun to see what you guys have been up too. I feel like it has been so long! Glad to hear you had a good Christmas!

Aaron and Kaime said...

I like the new hair. I did not know you moved to St. Louis. Why?